Our client is an iron ore mining and exploration operation in Australia. This client utilises DataShed as its data management system for geological and operational data.
Geotech RMR (Rock Mass Rating)
- 43 fields for RMR data entry
- 13 linked libraries with changes to some foreign keys in the database
- Creation of Views in the DataShed database to allow data to be logged in the required format
- Creation / modification of GeotechRMR logging profiles to reflect new fields / relationships / libraries etc.
- Extra field requirements were later added to the original SOW and included the defect dip and direction fields. These fields will be populated by the user importing the specific data into the relevant fields. There is no automation or calculations involved.
Equotip (NDT hardness tester)
- Table in DataShed MDS to be created including 79 new fields
- Create import layout to allow data administrator geologist to import Equotip data directly into DataShed.
- Auto conversion of alpha and beta angles to true dip and dip direction for DHGeotechUnderground. Updated the conversion to local dip and dip direction as per correspondence with DBA using the Depth_From field was used for the conversion
- Modifying the existing DHStructureOrient Driver trigger to Local_Azimuth with ‘MINE’ grid as opposed to MAG Azimuth.
The changes were made to the client system, deployed onsite with remote user training (given Covid-19 restrictions) and the system implemented and working.
This has allowed the client’s underground engineers and geologists to better manage their activities by achieving a higher level of analysis and understanding of the below surface ground structures.