maxgeo is a global data management consultancy, providing software and solutions to the mining and exploration industry. To maintain the highest standard of industry representation in an increasingly complex operating environment, maxgeo is seeking a highly qualified Data Management Consultant / SQL Developer with multi-dimensional IT capabilities to join our team, based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Data Management Consultant / SQL Developer will add value to the professionalism and capability of an excellent outsourcing and hosted data management team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful applicant to support our existing client base and be involved in the future vision of maxgeo and its solutions.
The role is full-time employment with an initial three month probation period. The Data Management Consultant / SQL Developer will report to the Project Manager. The role is based in Johannesburg, South Africa with occasional travel.
- A keen interest in the automation of data processes with an understanding of ETL flows, data integration and reporting, and how this can improve business efficiencies.
- The role requires a proactive and dynamic individual who thrives on challenges and is capable of working within a team-oriented environment. Attention to detail with superior client focus and communication skills is essential.
- The role is responsible for the design and maintenance of databases: monitoring and administering performance, tuning, indexing, job scheduling, backups and restores. Database mirroring and replication, scripting and stored procedures.
- Compilation and administration of geological and production databases.
- Monitoring and reporting on geological and production activities.
- Assessment of data quality against set criteria.
- Production of weekly and monthly statistics and ad-hoc client reports.
- Data preparation and delivery / transmission to clients.
- Liaising with clients.
- Provide insights and recommendations to the business.
- Understanding and support of maxgeo solutions and software products.
Skills and experience
What we can offer you
Please apply with an up-to-date resume applicable to the requirements for the job. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants. All applicants must be available for an interview at our office in Johannesburg, as well as being able to provide proof of eligibility to live and work in South Africa.